Shared April 1, 2019
I sat down with Aaron Marshall aka Intervals when he came through on tour with Veil Of Maya to talk about why your band is a business! He's one of the smartest guys in the music industry, and if you want to make money with your music then I highly suggest following his example.
- How he makes a comfortable living playing instrumental progressive metal
- Why digital music (sales and streaming) is one of his biggest revenue streams (via Spotify, Bandcamp, iTunes and more)
- How merch sales, touring income, lessons and VIP experience fit into the picture
- Why he isn't afraid to invest in himself by hiring photographers, videographers, and marketing consultants
- How his manager and other team members come into play
- How he stays sane thanks to mindfulness and managing his own psychology
- Some advice for anyone who wants to know how to market your band
▶ INTERVALS: http://intervalsmusic.net
▶ SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/prmbasub
▶ INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/finnmckenty
▶ PATREON: https://www.patreon.com/thepunkrockmba
Join the PRMBA Facebook group, a 100% positive, spam-free community of awesome people helping each other achieve their goals ▶ https://www.facebook.com/groups/prmba...
WHAT KILLED POP-PUNK? New Found Glory, Sum 41, The Story So Far
Periphery - P4: The Documentary (The Making of HAIL STAN)
HOW TO MAKE YOUTUBE YOUR FULL TIME JOB w/ Ryan "Fluff" Bruce - interview
Tony Stewart shows off his absurd car collection to Jeff Gordon | Around the Track
WHAT KILLED CHRISTIAN-CORE?? Tooth & Nail, Underoath, Sleeping Giant
Whiskey Ginger - Dr. Drew #065
Ricky Gervais ROASTING People
Best of Brake Check Gone Wrong (Insurance Scam) & Instant Karma 2019 |Road Rage, Crashes Compilation
BRING ME THE HORIZON: How did they get so big??
GEAR GODS RIGGED - Intervals
WHAT KILLED MTV? Why don't they play music anymore?!
Artists DON'T DESERVE to make more money (unless they do this)
3 REASONS WHY ROCK IS *DYING*!
DID PIRACY SAVE THE MUSIC INDUSTRY? Napster, Kazaa, Limewire, Spotify